Saturday, September 20, 2014

Night of Champions 2014 Predictions

Sorry for the hiatus, y'all. Life has been crazy. Anyway, here's my predictions for Night of Champions. I pick with my heart and head together...but unlike Richard Cypher, that doesn't always work well for me. Too bad.


1. Intercontinental Championship: The Miz v. Dolph Ziggler (c)
The Miz has been about as entertaining as he can possibly be, but I don't think that's enough to merit another title run right now. In the meantime, Dolph Ziggler deserves to be in the main event scene, but this will do until Creative gets their heads out of their behinds. My pick: Dolph Ziggler retains.

2. United States Championship: Cesaro v. Sheamus (c)
Sheamus is another one who probably deserves better than an IC title reign, but Creative just doesn't know what to do with him. Putting the IC strap on him didn't do anything for either him or the title's prestige since they didn't do anything with his reign. Cesaro, on the other hand, has been in holding since winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Putting the belt on him would be a step in the right direction. Putting him in a solid feud would be even better. My pick: Cesaro wins the belt.

3. Mark Henry v. Rusev
Mark Henry is here to look strong and put over the young guys. That's what he'll do here. Rusev will not take a loss, but the win may not be clean. My pick: Rusev.

4. Diva's Championship: Nikki Bella v. AJ Lee v. Paige (c)
Nikki has no business being in this match. AJ and Paige are in the midst of the best main-roster Diva program since Trish/Lita. Naturally, WWE wants Total Divas to do well, and the only participant in this match who appears on the show is Nikki. Sadly, I think that's all that matters right now. My disgusted pick: Nikki Bella. (This will set up a Nikki v. Brie match for the title at a future PPV.)
 
5. Chris Jericho v. Randy Orton
This match makes about as much sense as ME v. Randy Orton. Jericho is another one who should be putting over the young talent, not jobbing to an established veteran. But maybe they want Jericho to leave on a high note as he heads off to his next tour with Fozzy. My pick: Chris Jericho.

6. WWE Tag Team Championship: Goldust and Stardust v. The Usos (c)
This is the most intriguing match on the card, and it's a feud whose time has come. The Usos have had great matches in their last few PPV appearances, and I think that will be the case again at NOC. Goldy and Cody--er, Stardust--have gained traction in this odd pairing, which says a lot about Cody's acting ability and charisma. Great stuff. I hate to say it, but it's time for the Usos to lose. My pick: The Dusts win, setting up a great rematch at the next PPV.

7. Roman Reigns v. Seth Rollins
This match won't happen now that Reigns had to have emergency surgery. I'm guessing Rollins comes out to brag, and someone else--Kofi maybe, or Big E (but please not Bo[ner] Dallas Adam Rose)--will come out and challenge him to a match, which Rollins will win. Or will they fill the time with Swagger v. Bo Dallas? (Or is that the pre-show match?)

8. WWE World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena v. Brock Lesnar (c)
This rematch makes no sense. Cena should have been out for a couple months after that beating he took last time, and Lesnar should devastate him this time. But that won't happen. Cena at least has to tie Ric Flair, and that happens tonight. My frustrated pick: John Cena regains the strap.


If I find out what the pre-show is or what's gonna happen with Rollins, I'll update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment